Saturday, March 27, 2010

It's Saturday!

I was able to make a card last night using a new stamp set ( a Sneak Peek from the 2010/2011 IBC out in July)...it's called Awash with Flowers. It is part of the promotion for April. Hold a workshop with $460 or more in sales and you can get it for free! I just got it in...(when you're a demonstrator you get to pre-order all the new stamps and things!)....and this is my first sample. I was just playing and didn't even plan on making this into card....but it turned out so nice! For this I only used the Outline image (just one of the two steps) and I watercoloured it.


I used Melon Mambo, Old Olive, Tempting Turquiose and Lavendar Lace makers with the aqua painter to watercolour the image. The card base is Confetti White and the mat is Lavandar Lace. The ribbon is Melon Mambo. I used the Colour Spritzer Tool and spritzer some Lavendar Lace all aroung the Confetti White card base. You can't see that so well in this pic though. I used the Cutter Kit Tools to distress the edges of the waterclour paper and the Lavendar Lace mat. I am happy with the way it turned out. I do want to practice my watercolouring more! I so enjoy it!
Today I am going to my newest downlines' Open House. I get to sit and do the make and take! I look forward to being the student! She is very creative and I look forward to see what we are making today! And there is going to be cake...a Stampin' Up cake! I'll take a pic and share it with you later.
Have a great Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers