Thursday, March 11, 2010

I got somethings accomplished!!!!

Hi Ladies. I am realizeing that it takes a lot of little tasks to manage a blog and please accept my apologies for taking so long to post new projects. I don't get down to my studio daily to make new creations to share. The kids are loving the fact that I'm not working (at my job) so much...like never these days! (ok I work tonight). It's very hard to get down there in the daytime because Summer likes me to play with her...and I am enjoying this time with her. In September she'll mostly likely be in school full-time...and the Summertime is coming and she'll have to share me with Liam. Actually next week too...March break! By the time I get the kids to bed at night I'm too tired to go downstairs!!!
I did have some time on the weekend to make a few new cards. One of my customers stopped in to pick up her order...her niece is and old friend of mine. She gave me some sad news.  My friend lost her Dad just a few weeks ago...and now she just got news that her Mom has only months. My heart just breaks for her and her family. So I thought I'd make some cards to send to her Mom...to keep her smiling. She is the nicest and funniest Mom's ever! When I was in college we always hung out at their house...her parents were always so interested in our lives. It's nice...alot of friends parents didn't even care to know their kids friends names...not them. We had alot of BBQ's there and pool parties. So much fun.
So here is one of the cadrs I made.....
I really love this card. I used the Vintage Vogue stamp set. The card base is Kraft CS and I used Rich Razzleberry for a punch of colour...a little Old Olive for the leaves and some Very Vanilla taffeta ribbon. This is my kinda card. It has a simple look...but has lots of detail. I designed this card. I used the Spritzer tool with a Soft Suede marker. The brads are Very Vanilla...the small one from the Very Vanilla Hodgepodge Hardware...and the big one is from the 5/16 size of brads (I think...can you belive a don't have a catalogue within reach to check...I always have a catalogue nearby...what is going on with me?)
I took these pictures in front of a sunny window. It really makes for a good pic. Beautiful day out! Summer even begged me to get out her bike...she's been buggin' for a while to ride her bike....like just before the big snow. She was so happy to be out there in the sun today! I think she'll have me out there everyday from now until the next snowfall...next winter. Thank God for my laptop!
So enjoy this beautiful day! I have taken pic's of my other cards so I will post one tomorrow. Thanks for stoppin' in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers