Wednesday, March 24, 2010

An Evening Out...

Tonight I get an evening out with my Mother-in-law. We are going to the Sarnia Imperial Theatre to see the Quebec Viennese Music Society. As a gift every year she gives me tickets for a series of shows. We get to go out together every six to eight weeks to see an new concert. I really enjoy this time with her. It is somthing that she used to share with her Mom. But her Mom passed away a couple of years ago. One of her Mom's friends still joins us...she is a sweet 80 something year old lady.
I was busy being creative today! I got to make a couple of cards. You know how I love pink...if you look at alot of the cards I have created...they are usually pink...and brown. I love that combination. I try to step outside my box and use other colours...sometimes anyway....but I always go back to pink and brown.

One this first one, I used the Pocket Silhouettes and the FYI (you can get FYI for free as a SAB pick, that's how I got mine!). The FYI set have lots  of nice saying that are very useful for cards and scrapbooking. I also used the Scallop Trim Border Punch and coordinating corner punch. My measurement for the Regal Rose piece that I use the Scallop Trim Border on was 5 1/4" to start. I have found that if you make your mat with the Scallop Trim Border first then measure your other mats and Whisper White stampin' piece off of the mat with the border firat then it all works out nicely. I'll have more on how to use that punch and corner punch together at a later date. If you can see, I used the Shimmer Paint in Frost White on the detail on the Butterfly. I just used a cotton swab for that.


I added some half back pearls to the butterfly as well. I hope that you enjoy the card. I'm going to save the second card for tomorrow...just in case I don't get one made tomorrow! LOL! Have a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers