Friday, April 23, 2010

It's Friday already? Where did the week go?

It's amazing how fast the week can go by! Things just seem to come up and fill my days and nights. I am about to embark on scrapbooking!!! May is National Scrapbooking month. I always seem to struggle with scrapbooking. I have always just done 12x12 pages....but in the New Summer Mini they have these really cute 6x6 albums...so I thought I'd try scrapping one of these. SU also has this whole set of tropical themed DSP and Stamps. My husband and I went to Cuba in the fall. We had so much fun! Our first vacation away since having kids...and our fisrt time leaving the kids. That was really hard for me. Once we go there safe and sound and a good nights sleep, I was ok. I took a lot of pictures with my new camera...but looking at them now, most of them are not scrap-worthy. I`ll have to think out the shots better next time. We were most looking forward to snorkling. Neither one of us had done this. We brought our own masks and snorkles too. If you asked either one of us what we enjoyed the most about our trip...both of us would say the snorkling...(ok he might say the beer! and I might say the coffee!). Can you believe I don`t have one pic of him in his snorkling gearÉ...ÉÉÉÉÉ...what is this É...it is supposed to be a question mark.....anybody know what I did wrong...ÉÉÉÉ....how do I get my question mark backÉ......ahhhhhhh!!!!!!

Ok I`m moving on....so I thought that I`d scrap my CUBA pic`s in this 6x6 album....it seems less daunting then 12x12 pages. Here is my cover page. I love these colours in the DSP.
In Cuba, every afternoon by 4pm everyone leaves the beach....it didn`t take long to figure out why. These tiny little bugs come out and start biting. They are so tiny you can`t see them. My friend Patricia from Montreal, that I met there on the beach, calls these bugs ``noseeums``. Cause you can`t see um! On this afternoon I really wanted a pic of the setting sun....so I stay out on the beach to get this shot. I managed to get a bunch of them....and a bunch of bites too but it was so worth it. When the sun was setting here in Sarnia, Ont, Canada in November at 5pm or so....so was the sun in Cuba.....which was really strange to get used to because when the weather is as nice here as it was in Cuba the sun doesn` set until 10pm. Really strange!

I hope to get some more pages done this weekend. I have a Stamp-a-Stack on Tuesday to get ready for...still designing the cards....oh, I have the ideas in my head but now I just have to make them into cards!
Have a great night! Thanks for stoping in. And seriously, if anyone knows how to stop the ÉÉÉÉÉ thing...I will love you forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers