Sunday, April 18, 2010

I thought Sunday's were for Family days?

I love Sunday's when we all get to be home and have a big breakfast and dinner...play time and movies. We so rarely get to do that anymore....these days we get one day a week to all be together...if we are lucky. Sometimes I wish the world would just slow down. Shopping on Sundays? Really? I'd much rather be home...instead of working at the mall on Sunday. I don't even think the mall should be open....there are not many people there as it is. And the ones that are...are really just killing time not really shopping. Okay that's my grump for the day.
Thank goodness for grandpa's today! Jon and I both had to work...my dear Father-in-law came and babysat Summer...my Dad took Liam to the Y for two birthday parties...at the same time! I really don't like missing these things. I wanted to see Liam swim...he has learned to plug his nose and put his face in the water in the tub...I wanted to see how brave he'd be in the pool. : ( Sad I missed it : (  I'm working hard on my Stampin' Up! business to be able to give up the part-time job at the mall and be home for all these life events...big an small...the kids are only small once...they are growing and getting more and more independant everyday. I don't want to miss a moment!
So on to what you all came here for....Today's card! I made this card for my club night featuring one of the stamp sets on the 2 Step Stampin' promotion. The stamp set is called Trendy Trees and you can get it at 20% off this month. It's a really adorable set...tiny little trees. In this card I used only one of the tree images...there are 4 plus it includes some sentiments. It is a 2 Step Stamp because the trunk and the leaves are separate images. The colours I chose are Pretty in Pink, Old Olive and Whisper White. I also used the New Square Lattice Embossing Folder (Summer Mini available May 1st). I was inspired by a card I saw a long time ago at a Stampin' Up Regional Seminar. I don't remember the exact layout of that card but the colours and the ribbon and the stamp set are the same. I hope you like this one!

The button is hand made...of paper. I love this ides from our Stampin' Success magazine...punch out 4-6 small circles of cardstock then glue them one top of one another, use a tiny hole punch for the button holes, then tie a bow with a little linen thread. Presto! Matching button everytime...so cute!
enjoy the rest of your Sunday with your families!

P.S. I am holding a Stamp-a-stack of All Occassions Cards on Tuesday, April 27th from 6 to 10pm. We are using all new products from the Summer Mini! There a still a few seats available. The cost is $40 for 16 cards including envelopes. Contact me by Friday, April 23 tp reserve your seat. Prepayment is due by Friday, April 23. I will need the weekend to get all supplies cut. I hope that you can make it out! I have doorprizes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers