Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I love these new Stamp Sets!

The Summer Mini stamp sets I got in my pre-order yesterday are the best! My favorite so far has been one called Watercolour Trio. There are three images of flowers and a butterfly. Also, three sentiments. I was inspried by a card made by Ilina Crouse. She does beautiful work. So the first card today was a CASE of her card....
This card is just slightly different. I love these colours together! I am so happy that SU is making Rich Razzleberry a new CORE colour. It has to be one of my fav's...and paired with Old Olive (which is staying too) is my fav colour combo!
So for the next card I wanted to change up the colours...to pink of course! Very similar. I added the scalloped stamped detail to look like a vintage garden border. I had this thought in my head ever since I saw it. It comes from a new stamp set called Pedalling Past. It also has very sweet line art bicyles...one tricycle and a bicycle built for two. So cute. There is so much more I have to play with! I can't wait.
Well, now I have to go and wake up Summer. She was playing really good today and didn't look tired...so I let her skip her nap. Big mistake! After we picked Liam up from school, Liam and Summer had an argument over some balloons. I'm the big bad Mommy and told them that if they argue again I was going to pop the balloons and throw them in the garbage...so they argued...so I popped! She had a meltdown and a time out in bed. I was getting the kitchen tidied and when I went in to check on her she was asleep! I thought that skipping her nap would help her to go to bed better at night...but she if she doesn't nap then she can't make it to bedtime. I will ask again...how is she supposed to go to school full time in the fall? She turns four at the end of this month...she's still so young. I don't understand what the school board thinks that a full day at will accomplish really. You know they never asked parents what we thought...they didn't even ask teachers! So, we'll see how she does over the Summertime. If she gives up her nap naturally...okat then, but I am not going to make her. She's awake now...like a zombie here beside me with her two fingers in her mouth! I know she is a big girl in size but she is still so young! I'm going to go have a snuggle with her while she still fits in my lap!

Have a great evening with your families. I hope you like the cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers