Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Wow, 9 Years married...where does the time go?

9 years ago today, on a beautiful day just like this, I married my best friend! Today he is still my best friend. He has given me two wonderful, healthy and happy children, a wonderful home to call our own and has given me tremendous love and support in everything that I do. I am blessed.

I have a very large French Canadian family...you know they used to have lots of children...my Dad is one of nine, and my Mom (not French) is one of 5. So my family alone was 92 people on our wedding guest...and that wasn't even all of my cousins. My husbands family was all of 16 people and that included all the cousins! I forget where I was going with all this...oh, and a lot of my family needed to travel here for our wedding...so we picked the May long weekend. It is a very popular date for weddings in my family. We got married on my in-laws 28th Wedding Anniversary (19th) and my parents were married on the 22nd of May (so their 30th Wedding Anniversary)! And then after I joined SU I found out that my Upline and her husband got married on the same exact day as us...we had our wedding at Sawmill Creek Golf and Country Club and they got married at the Riding Club. They were the two most beautiful places to get married.
So Happy Anniversary to my wonderful parents, my in-laws, and to Mary Beth and Shawn Phillips!!! And of course to my sweet husband, Jon!!! I look forward to the years ahead...watching our children grow and holding your hand while doing it. Next year is a big one! Maybe we can plan a trip away...maybe I can earn the SU incentive trip and take my husband away! Wouldn't that be awsome? To treat my hard working husband on a trip that I earned? Whoo Hoo! I'm sure going to try!!

I've had an hour today to spend on making Annivesary cards...the first is for my in-laws.

I used some colours that are coming back...I'm very excited about that! The card base is River Rock, the mat is Soft Suede put though the Big Shot and embossed with the New Square Lattice Emboss Folder, then next mat is Regal Rose and then Pink Pirouette (coming back!!!). I even dared to be messy and used a little Dazzling Diamonds (just for you Alicia R). I used the Watercolour Trio Stamp Set (Summer Mini). 

For this next card, for my hubby, I tried to do masculine for him. I used two stamp sets from the Summer Mini...the first being Pedalling Past and the second, In a Word. I used the new Travel Journal DSP and two Smooch Spritz's - Log Cabin and Vanilla. I think it need something else but I could find a stamp set I was thinking of...well, he loves it anyway!!!

I love the bicycle built for two! It means we are in this together!! The more I use the Smooch Spritz the more I love it! I have some more ideas but they'll have to wait..we have another night at the soccer field tonight!
Liam's first game of the season.
Liam has Instruction Soccer on Monday's, Summer has League game on Tuesday and then Liam has house League game on Wednesdays and Jon has soccer games on Tuesday and Thursdays (I think!)...I think I am what you call a "Soccer Mom" now!!!
Maybe we can find some time to get away for a quiet anniversary dinner sometime on the weekend!
Have a great night!

Thanks for stopping in!
Jodi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers