Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

I hope that you are all enjoying this Mother's Day with your children and your Mom's.
I was spoiled with pancakes made from scratch by my husband and children. They were so yummy! My husdans went out this morning before the rest of us were awake to pick up cream puff's! If you don't go early to get them....they're gone! It's a special treat!

Yesterday we went to a Birthday party for one of my husbands Uncles. He turned 60 on Friday. His uncle got the best gift too....one of his daughter's was on her way to the party from out of town....her water broke in the car and they had to go back and check into the hospital...she had a healthy baby boy!We had so much fun!!! My husband has two teenaged male cousins...and for a very long time when they get together they always wrestle and stuff...(my husband is 36 and thinks he is still a teenager sometimes!!!)...well this time was no different...there were balloons...lots of them...so, of coarse, there were balloon fights!!! So fun to watch...lots of laughs. My kids made friends with other kiddies and they had balloon fights too! The food was great....good times.

Here is the card I made for his uncle....inspired by Sharon L. Field....

I used the Lovely as a Tree stamp set, En Francais background stamp, and Teeny Tiny Sentiments. I stamped the tree in watercolour paper using an Old Olive and Chocolate Chip marker. Then I gently went over the ink with a blender pen and then added a little Always Artichoke ink with the blender pen to add some shadows. The card base is More Mustard. The mat is Bravo Burgandy and then Old Olive and Kraft. The brown piece is Soft Suede and I put it the the Big Shot in the new Square Lattice Embossing folder then dabbed a bit of Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint (still available) to give it a little sparkle! I used a More Mustard button with a little string bow as a finishing touch! I really like the way this card turned out. I think I might change it up an bit and use it as my second swap card for my meeting next Saturday!!! (I'm so looking forward too!)
Well, I have a lot of cards to get working on...and I think I get to escape to my studio for awhile today!
Enjoy the day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers