Friday, May 21, 2010

Happy Friday!!!

It's Friday again! So I got a little time today to make some cards. I had a friend ask me to make a couple of Thank you cards...her Mom asked her to make them then she asked me! I also made a card for my niece....we are having a family birthday party for her on the weekend.

This first one is the birthday card...a little inspired by Heather S.
I used a white card base then Pink Pirouette (whoo hoo! it's coming back!) mat, then a Barely Banana (i'm sad to see this one go) card front. I punched circles with a bunch of different sized circle punches out of textured Barely Banana cardstock. The cake image is from the Hostess Level 1 stamp set in the Summer Mini (so cute!) I punched a Scalloped Circle in Regal Rose and curled the scallops. Then I did a pretty little ribbon detail with Pretty in Pink 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon. I finished the card off with a Itty Bitty Button (clear) with Soft Suede punched piece to match the button shape using the Punch pack in the Summer Mini.

This next one is a Feminine Thank you card that my friend requested...


I used the Cottage Wall DSP as my colour imspiration...the card base is Rich Razzleberry, then an Old Olive mat, next a pretty flowered piece of Designer Series Paper (aka. DSP). I used another Level 1 Hostess stamp set called Of the Earth. I love this stamp...the butterfly...so cute! I love this way of doing the ribbon. Can you tell?

And for my final card, a masculine Thank you...masculine cards sometimes stump me. Again I took my inspiration from the DSP. This is the new DSP form the Summer Mini called Travel Journal. A little Pumpkin Pie Striped Ribbon, a vintage tag and a stamped car. Simple.

I hope that you like them. I should learn to share one at a time then I would have something to post tomorrow...I guess I'll have to sneek away tonight during the kids movie, tee hee! (it's hard to watch the same kids movie over and over and over and over again!)

Enjoy your Friday night!!
Jodi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers