Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Halloween treats!

I love making little Halloween treat bags for Liam's classmates. Well, that's if I remember. Let me explain. Last year I was working alot of hours at my part time job and on the Thursday night when I got home from work I remembered that he needed to have these treat bags for school the next morning. Halloween was on the Saturday night and I for some reason I was thinking that I had another day to get the treat bags ready. So at 10 pm I went down to my studio to make 25 of them. I made these cute little tags and Top Note die bag toppers....then at 11pm I went to the cupboard to get the treats.....and we had none! Jon hadn't gotten any with groceries. So now what? I was so tired. I did consider that the Shoppers's Drug Mart was open 24 hrs and it is just around the corner....oh, I was so tired. So the tired me won. I just could bring myself to go out and get the goodies. I figured he would be getting a ton of goodies at school already and don't they always get too much candy at Halloween anyway. Well, those bag toppers and tags...I still have them. They will come in handy for this year! As you know this will be Summer's first year of school...so I'm thinking that I'm half way there for this years Halloween treats! (Liam never even knew about them...so he was never dissappointed.)

This year we have a new Big Shot Die called the candy wrapper (Holiday Mini) and this die will make "making" the treats bage so much easier!!! Here are a couple I made last week....
I love these little guys!!! I used the Wicked Fun Specialty DSP from the main catalogue. So I will have to make 28 of them for Summer's class. And buy treats to go in these and LIAM's!!!

This one is a little Halloween Gift bag I made too. I was just playing....
Kinda fun, eh!

I received an special bow from Mr. Brown yesterday! A box of ribbons and die storage boxes! The reason why it is so special is because it was $200 of FREE product! I promoted to Consellor with SU last month and I earned this special product bonus as a reward for my promotion! I love ribbon! So I ordered 10 spools of different kinds and colours of ribbon and two of those new die storage boxes in the main catalogue! I love things that help keep me organized! The small die storage box hold 57 sizzlits and embosslits! The largest one holds 10 XL dies or 20 L dies. And they are soooooo nice to look at...chocolate coloured material covering the boxes with label holders! I'm going to go fill them!!

Have a nice day!
Jodi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers