Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I'm sorry...so sorry!

Life has been a little hectic and I have been neglecting you! I am sorry. I haven't had time to stamp so I haven't had things to share with you either...but I did find this one card...I'm pretty sure I haven't shown you....so here it is...a simple card...looks simple anyway!
I just love these little cubby penguins! They are form the Jolly Bingo Bits stamp set in the Holiday Mini! JUst have to have this set that has all kinds of cute winter/Christmas images! I markered up his feet and nose in More Mustard and his body in Basic Black of coarse, then I used a Real Red Stampin' Write Marker  to draw the line around them and also used the marker to ink up the Season's Greetings Sentiment from a stamp in the Gifted stamp set. It's a simple and clean card. No layers and no ribbon...can you believe it? Well, I was inspired by Ilina Crouse on this one. I had seen her card some time ago and thought of how simply sweet it was...then when I got this stamp set I made mine without going back to look at hers....well, they turned out a little different but with the same feel. I purposely didn't go back to see her card until mine was complete. I think that as a demonstrator, getting to share and see all kinds of wonderful cards on Stampin' Connection has it's beneifits and disadvantages too. This demonstrator, Ilina Crouse is wonderfully talented. I love her work. She puts in her pre-order, as demo's get to do, but she must live right outside the door of Stampin' Up because she always has her goodies first and has samples online right away even before my pre-order has shipped! By the time I get my box of goodies I've seen so many samples already that I feel like when I do sit down to create something...it's not my own...my mind is flooded with elements of others samples...elements that I really liked and they stuck in my head! Weird,eh?

So this one time (at band camp...sorry, I counld help it!!!) I refused to look at anyones samples until I had my box of goodies and made my own first so that I knew they were from my head and know one elses! And you must know how hard that was to NOT look...not even a peek. Here in Canada, where I live at least, it takes 7 business days to get here. Sometimes when the stars are alined and the moon is Bashful Blue I get my order one day sooner. And sometimes, like today I see that my current box of goodies decide to take a joy ride on the back of the UPS truck all the way to Kansas...I am not kiddin' you! So it was supposed to come Thursday and now it has been RESCHEDULED for the 12th...AHHHHHH! Okay well I'm not being completely honest....it's just catalogues in that order! My goodies are coming Thursday...it just sounded more dramatic if you thought that it was my goodies!

Okay, I gotta get to bed...the kidlets have school tomorrow and we've been having some terrible mornings around here...lets hope tomorrow goes better! Doesn't help either if Mommy's tired.

Good night...stampin' dreams!
And Thank you for coming back to see me!

Jodi

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! I'm now following your blog courtesy of Stampin' Connection & would love for you to stop by my blog & become a follower of mine, if you are not already...Thanks! www.lovesrubberstamps.com
    Great blog!

    ReplyDelete

Followers