Monday, October 18, 2010

Happy Monday!

What a great weekend! I taught a class for my Husbands' cousin, Lisa, in Mississauga. I really enjoyed myself! The ladies were awesome and so sweet! Every one was a seasoned crafter! Very enjoyable!

I brought the family too! They really enjoyed themselves...there were other children there for them to play with. Lisa's husband put out a fabulous meal for us and her sister, Lara, and her husband and children were all there for dinner. My husband and I really enjoyed spending time with them.

Last week I shared with you one of the four cards for this Embossing Technique Class and here are the other three...
For this first card we used Early Espresso CRAFT ink and Clear embossing power...simple but so cute....this one was inspired by Lisa Depensier.

Next up is this beautiful snowflack card....
Recognize the snowflake? It's the Medallion from the Day of Gratitude stamp set.
For this card we put versamark on the image then before stamping it we sponged on some Bashful Blue, Baja Breeze and Marina Mist Classic ink starting in the middle of the medallion with the lightest blue and working our way out. Then we stamped the image. The next step was to emboss it with clear embossing powder. Once this was done we sponged the blues again (emboss resist technique) this time starting in the middle of the image with the darkest blue and worknig our way out with the lighter blues.
I love this card!

And for our last card....
We used Bells and Boughs stamp set with Versamark and Gold Embossing powder! Then I used the Stampin' Write Markers to colour in the image.
Sadly we didn't get to this card! I demonstrated it...we were having so much fun together that we took longer than planned and dinner was ready and waiting! So I will finish these cards and mail them off to the gals!

So now I'm off to plan some more events....like a Tags til Christmas Class
(the Tags til Christmas Stamp set and co-ordinating Decorative Label Punch are going on Sale tomorrow...if you purchase the bundle you get 20% off and a FREE TAGS class!)
 and my Christmas Stamp-a-Stack of cards! More details to come...but you can contact me to reserve you seat for either of these events anytime!

Thank you for stoppin' in!
Jodi

2 comments:

  1. We had a wonderful time, indeed! The medallion is an amazing card. Your other samples really showed how it can be used for multi-purposes depending how you "dress it up!". So clever! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That medallion is gorgeous is blue!!! #271 following from Stampin Connection.

    ReplyDelete

Followers